Thursday, October 25, 2012

Reflection

Somewhere along the line you notice something about your style that takes some time to develop.

This girl was on the plain blue paper and I hated it. (I also had her eyebrow in the wrong place.  She was in a constant state of surprise.)  Once I furrowed through my blue paper and picked similar blues to break up the boring background enough, but not too much I illustrated the wind around her and the distant water around her.  Then refer back to my mermaid.
I never saw it coming but it is refreshing to know that after years I made something that is no one else's.  The most interesting part is my flower girl is from over a year ago and I couldn't rest until that boring blue was as interesting as the waves in her hair.  In a years time what else will surface? I am excited to find out.
Marenski


No comments:

Post a Comment